Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Trina's 10 Tips Towards A Terrific Today!

Really, it's about happiness, but you all know how much I love alliteration.

10.  Develop A Routine!

This has been particularly difficult for me, as I am chaos incarnate.  But, I have noticed that I, and everyone around me, are much happier when I have a basic routine, or to-do list everyday (even if I switch it up a lot ;) )

9. Drink!

Water, that is.  And a lot of it.  Probably the most cited and recognized part of happiness is filling our mortal vessels with the elixir of life!  People scoff at the amounts of water I consume.  I will not be deterred!  The more I drink, the greater I feel!  (Within reason, of course). 

8. Betta Reco'nize!  

The beauty that abounds all around you! 

I was out walking with Boris yesterday, and all he could talk about was the little bugs that flew around his head.  What he didn't notice, or noticed without appreciating, was the birds singing, the gorgeous trees that climbed above our heads, and the smell of damp, spring-sprung earth!   It was an amusing conversation about the negative and positive.

He asked me, ''So, a negative person will be bitten by little bugs, and a positive person won't?''

I replied with, ''Maybe.  Or! Maybe the positive person is bitten by bugs too, but they're too busy being positive to notice!''

7.  Chew Your Food!

 It seems simple, but taking the time to chew your food into a pureed mush actually lightens your mood!  Give it a try.  My suggestion?  When you're going to eat your number-one-favourite-meal-of-all-time, take the time to smell it.  Take one very small, delicate bite.  Chew it, allow your saliva to do its work!  'Cause digestion starts in the mouth!  After I successfully eat a meal this way, I feel more satisfied, am able to tell whether I'm full or not, and I'm happier for it.  'Cause I love food.  The longer it lasts, the more the love, right?

6. Smile!  Laugh!

These two buddies go together pretty well, so they can sit on one tip.  And fake it 'til you make it.  It may seem phony, or like lying, or deceiving, but I don't think so.  I think we all want to laugh and smile, but don't really always feel able to.  When we fake it, we open up, and we let ourselves do what we really want.  Laughing and smiling feels good, so why not?  Look in the mirror and go, ''HA HA HA''... And then when somebody you know passes you by, giving you that odd look, I'm sure you'll both be laughing.

5. Move!  

This means that you should give yourself time everyday to do some messy-motions.  Preferably something simple, if you're new at the 'moving thing'.  I remember when I was.  It was pretty funny.  I would get angry at Boris when we would go biking together.  I'd yell at him to slow down so I could catch up!  It doesn't mean you have to move for very long, at least not at first.  Try doing something active for 5 minutes.  Work hard!  Dance!  Do push ups!  Squats!  Anything!  It'll make you happier in the long run!

4. Find Company!

I'm stealing this one from Chocolate-Covered Katie.  Let yourself be around friends and family, even if you're a solitary individual.  Spending time with people is important, and helps us to connect with community and the grander scheme of things!  And, if all else fails and you really don't wanna go out with people or spend a lengthy amount of time socializing...

2. Hug Somebody!

It only takes a minute!  Go on!  Go hug somebody!  If you're not shy about that sort of thing, go hug a stranger.  It's kind of fun.

1. Surround Yourself With Nature!

A new study shows that when people unplug devices, and allow themselves to be surrounded by nature, they actually become more creative and, dare I say it, intelligent!  So, what's the harm?  Go and smell the fresh earth, see the birds outside...  Even in the heart of a city, there is nature to be found!  Pigeons are often ignored, and seen as pests.  But observe them, and appreciate those little lives.  Think of what they go through.  Animals, plants and insects will always inspire you, if you know how to look at them!








No comments:

Post a Comment